The Infinite Echo

B. Thomas Cooper is a freelance journalist, photographer, blogger and historian. Topics include Political Commentary, Satire and History

Pure Networks
My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Dancing Bradley Mackwards

The Infinite Echo
B. Thomas Cooper

What if I were to tell you that I’ve come up with a brilliant way to throw off the dogs down at the NSA. I have decided to rent a one room cave with low overhead and change my name. I figure somewhere in the heart of the middle East might provide be an interesting change in climate. In fact, I was up till nearly eight p.m. last night, surfing the internet for prime real estate in Whackasnakeistan. I hear it’s a buyers market.

Of course, none of the above is remotely true, so don’t even mention it to your agent. Let’s be real; a loyal, patriotic American buys American, Right? Providing you don’t mind skateboarding to work because your airbags have been recalled. Reality is a sailor with a potty mouth.

By now I assume you are wondering where I intend to go with this. As Yogi Berra once observed, “ We may be lost, but we’re making good time”. I concur.

Relax. It’ll all be over soon.

Truth be told, I suffer from multi personality disorder. Well, I don’t, but my name does. Punch my name into Google and you be greeted by 11,900,000 Bradley Coopers, very few which have anything to do with me. Of the two who really stand out, one is an Australian motivational speaker turned cad, the other stars on the television show Alias. He’s an actor.

Somewhere, deeply submerged in a sea of anonymity, you’ll find the real me, but certainly not enough from which to paint a portrait. The internet may level the playing field, but it’s up to us to master our game. Put me in coach, I’m ready to play.

Now that my feet are wet, I’m jumping in at least up to my neck. If I’m not treading water, I’m obviously not in deep enough. As a result, you can expect to see some changes over here at Brad’s place. Baby steps at first… larger bites, as I grow some teeth. For better or worse, I will be expanding the blog. The political vitriol will get it own page, as will my historical rants. Works of fiction will also be featured separately.

And of course, I am changing my name to Peter Jennings.
If that doesn’t throw off the dogs down at the NSA, I don’t know what will.

p.s.
If you’d prefer, you are always welcome to refer to me as the “Journalist Formerly Know As Brad”.

The Infinite Echo 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Abacus24-7 Printer Ink & Toner