The Infinite Echo

B. Thomas Cooper is a freelance journalist, photographer, blogger and historian. Topics include Political Commentary, Satire and History

Pure Networks
My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Dancing Madly Backwards

The Infinite Echo
B. Thomas Cooper

What a long strange trip indeed!
I find myself damn near where I began this journey, and little has changed.
May 2005. George W. Bush is president of the United States, and the country is in ruin. His supporters are still in deep denial, while more and more innocent lives are lost every day.

Here at home, the news becomes increasingly surreal. I can't help but wonder what the new pope is thinking at this very moment. Will he putter around the Vatican in an up-armored golf cart, or has he chosen to let God protect him?

And what else to ponder on this day of Mexican independence?
Would my writing improve if I were to adhere to the Chicago Manual of Style? Should I grow my hair and pull it back into a mullet?

Furthermore, where in the Bible does it say "God Bless America?"
Let me guess...
Some American made it up.

Let's be honest with ourselves for a moment, shall we.

Before the invasion of Iraq, Baghdad had a lower violent crime rate than Washington DC.

Iraqi oil production has still not surpassed pre-invasion levels.

Saddam Hussein did not possess weapons of mass destruction.

The Iraqis did not greet the US troops as liberators.

Every day, innocent women and children are being murdered in cold blood by scared and confused coalition forces.

Death does not equate to freedom and justice for all.

The Infinite Echo 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Abacus24-7 Printer Ink & Toner